Legal information & data protection
(in accordance with German law)
Managing director: Michael Weber
Commercial register: Amtsgericht Köln (Germany)
Register number: HRB 90831
European VAT ID: DE 3120 389 67
Person responsible for the content of this website:
Data protection statement
The legally binding version of this data protection statement is the German version. The following is a translation we provide for users that prefer to read in English.
We here at searchVIU take the protection of your personal data very seriously. We deal with your personal data with the utmost discretion and in accordance with current data protection laws, especially the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and this data protection statement. We only save your personal data when this is absolutely necessary (legitimate interest) or when you actively and willingly provide us with this data (consent).
Using our website is generally possible without entering any personal data. Whenever we collect personal data, such as names or email addresses, this happens with the user’s consent. Furthermore, this data will not be passed on to third parties without your explicit consent. In certain cases, your data might be saved in services provided by third parties.
Your personal data (name and email address) are only saved in the following cases and never without your explicit consent:
- When you fill out our contact form
- When you sign up for our mailing list
- When you create a user account for our app at app.searchviu.com
- When you submit a comment on one of our blog articles
Please note that the transmission of data on the internet can never be 100% secure. We take all necessary measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised access.
The person responsible for the processing of your personal data on this website is:
Lugar O Casal 3A
In case you want to object to the processing of your personal website on this website, you can get in contact with the responsible person.
Notes on saving and transmitting IP addresses
Our server log files do not save our website visitors’ IP addresses. In certain cases, your browser sends requests to third parties when visiting our website, e.g. for loading images from Google’s servers. These third parties might save your IP address in certain cases. We limit requests of this type to the absolutely necessary minimum (legitimate interest) and have signed data processing agreements with the third parties whenever possible.
Overview of third parties that receive requests from your browser while you are navigating on our website and that might save your IP address:
- Google Fonts (for displaying typographies)
- Google Storage (for displaying images, PDFs, and other file types)
- Google Tag Manager (for adding different scripts to the website)
- Google Analytics (for measuring user interaction with the website)
Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “Cookies”. These are text files that are saved to your computer and which allow your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookies about how you use this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. On behalf of the provider of this website, Google will use this information to analyse how you use this website, to compile reports about the website activities and to provide services related to the use of the website and Internet to the website provider.
Protection of your personal data
This website uses IP anonymisation for Google Analytics to protect your personal data. When IP anonymisation is enabled, Google will truncate the IP address for website visitors from Member States of the European Union, as well as for other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. The IP address transferred by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
If we happen to have any additional personal information about our website users, we will not combine this with website tracking data or other non-personal information.
Disabling of website tracking by website users
If you want to disable tracking with Google Analytics on this website, you have the following options, among others:
- Click here to disable being tracked with Google Analytics on this website. Please note that we have to set a cookie to save this setting. The setting only remains valid as long as you don’t delete your cookies and can only be valid for the browser and device you are currently using. The cookie automatically expires after one year.
- Our website respects requests with the “Do Not Track” parameter (DNT). If you have activated this setting in your browser, you will not be tracked in Google Analytics on this website.
- You can prevent cookies from being stored on your computer by adjusting the corresponding settings for your browser software. However, we would like to point out that, if you do this, it may impair the functionality of this and other websites.
- You may also prevent the transmission of the data generated by the cookies and data related to how you use this website (including your IP address), as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
This website uses so-called “cookies, text files, that are saved on your device and that contain information about your interactions with this website. Cookies do not cause any harm to your device and do not contain any viruses. Cookies help us improve the user-friendliness of our online presence.
Most of the cookies we use are so-called „session cookies“. They are deleted automatically when you leave our website. Some other cookies remain on your device until you delete them. These cookies help us recognise your browser when you return, e.g. in order to show you the correct language version of our website the next time you visit.
You can change the setting sof your browser so that you receive a notification every time a website tries to set a cookie on your device. You can decide when to allow cookies, deactivate them completely, or control when they are deleted automatically. Please note that this website might not be fully functional when cookies are deactivated.
Server log files
The provider of this website automatically saves information that your browser sends to our server in so-called server log files. This information contains (among others):
- Browser type / version
- Operating system
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the accessing device
- Exact time of the server request
This data does not allow us to identify the people that visited our website and it is not combined with other types of data. We might check this data if we suspect illegal use of our services. Please note once again that our server log files do not save our website visitors’ IP addresses.
When you fill out our contact form, the data you enter will be saved so that we can get in contact with you. We will not pass this data on to third parties without your explicit consent.
When you sign up for our mailing list, we need a name (which doesn’t have to be your real name), and an email address from you. We will verify that this email address is actually yours by sending you an email with a confirmation link. We do not save additional data and we use the data you provided to send you e-mails about our products and services and related news.
You can always withdraw your consent to receiving emails and to us saving your data by clicking on the unsubscribe link in one of the emails we send you or by getting in contact with us directly.
The data we need for sending you our newsletters are saved with the service provider Mailchimp. Should you decide to sign up for our mailing list, you will receive further information on this.